Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gold and Green Ball

I went to a Gold and Green Ball last week at my parents' stake in Lindon. I didn't know this, but apparently it's a really big deal. Like, people go order corsages for it and everything! The sparkly dresses come out, the big floofy hairdos. It's been an annual tradition since 1915...WHOA. There's usually a theme for every year. I've heard one year was the 60's and the bishop came dressed as Ringo Starr! Awesome! This year was Jazz themed. There was a local Jazz band playing all of the songs. Foxtrots and waltzes were all over the place. Of course, you had the people who knew the steps, those who didn't know how to dance at all, and those who couldn't wait to don their ballroom shoes and take up the entire floor. I was surprised at how much fun I had. I spent a good chunk of my night dancing with my dad and with Calvin amongst dozens of sparkly dancing couples. Towards the end of my night at the Gold & Green ball, I got a picture taken by a photographer at the church and I'll just warn you right now... It is an AWFUL picture. Cal looks cute enough that he looks fine in the picture. The only thing I wonder is if the photographer made my face look like a cherry on purpose. Not to mention the seaweed background.

So here you go. I welcome all your laughing and jeering at my horrible picture. I laugh at it too.


And here are some pictures of Calvin's Abuelitos at the Gold & Green Ball.



Don't they look so cute? 

I've got a joke for you. 
What's the difference between Mormon boys and everyone else?

MORMON BOYS HAVE GOLD & GREEN BALLS! 
(Ha.... I know that was lame.)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! My Grandma was the Gold and Green Queen back in the 1930s!! She made her own dress and everything. She was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete