Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Calvin the Beanstalk

Calvin is now officially 8 months old. And not only that, he's now got SEVEN teeth. What in the world? Are 8 month old babies supposed to have so many chompers? I wish I could be more candid with my pictures. Unfortunately, Calvin is all too good at finding me & my camera. He's figuring out how to get up and down without having to bonk his head in the process. I wish I could just explain things to him.. Like, "Just bend your knees and bring your butt to the floor" or "If you hold it like this, you can pick it up a lot easier" but alas, it's not that easy with a baby. I think seeing him work out these new tricks makes me think a little more about the mechanics of how I do things. It's really opened my eyes!

He is my life and I love my Cal so much. It's so hard to imagine my life without him. Every time I go say good morning to him in his crib, and he looks so happy to see me. Like, I am seriously the best person he could see right then. I try to savor each of these moments like it'll never happen again. He is the best thing that could have happened to me.





Post script: I would just like to mention that I love his blue eyes too. I have no clue where he got them. David & I both have pretty dark colored eyes and Cal somehow got these amazing hazel-y blue ones.

3 comments:

  1. what a happy little guy! it must be hard to get angry/sad/frustrated when you look at that face.

    P.S. I love this Buddy Holly song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on such a gorgeous little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, your baby is so cute and I love the blog. I checked it out awhile ago and I love the layout...so cool!

    ReplyDelete