Thursday, March 11, 2010

David's Quotes of the Day

It's not hard for people to make me laugh. That goes double for David. His sarcasm and silliness always crack me up. And then sometimes, out of nowhere, we'll be having a conversation having to do with dinner, or laundry, or money or any of those other grown up things and he'll say something that makes me double up in laughter & I can't stop. The best thing is he doesn't realize what it is that he said that was so funny. I'll try and explain it through my laughter.

Well, last night was one of these nights.

We celebrated David's birthday last night with some good ol' fashioned chocolate cake and David's choice of ice cream (Mint Chocolate Chip) and I went in for the first scoop of ice cream and it popped right out of the box! It was a little softer than I'd expected and the little glob of ice cream fell to the floor by the counter. I picked it up and examined it for any dust or hairs or anything that would give me reason to throw it away (I know.. that's pretty gross, but I hate throwing stuff away). Our conversation then went a little something like this...

D: Throw it away! It was on the ground!

A: Oh, it's fine, you big baby.

D: No, it touched garbage, throw it away. I saw it bounce off the garbage.

A: It's FINE....

D: THOW IT AWAY. Do you want BOOGER FARTS all over it?!?

A: (Silence)......... AAAAAHAHAHAH!


I know it's a little stupid. But it was so out of nowhere that I couldn't NOT laugh. *Sigh* Thank goodness for moments like that in my life. I'm glad I have David.

Happy Birthday, Kiddo...
Love, Angie & BB Calvin.

No comments:

Post a Comment