Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Evening Out

My dad's always been a classical music buff. He used to sing all sorts of opera and participate in theater in his college days and before that, he was part of an opera company in Mexico! Growing up, I remember walking into his office and he'd have music playing (or more recently, watching a Youtube video) and show me all of the small details in the piece that make it so great.
Well, last week, my family and I attended a classical Russian music concert in Salt Lake City at the Tabernacle. So I left Baby Calvin with my mama and my siblings and my dad and I went up to see it. The concert, in short, was amazing. I love the pieces of music that sound so obviously Russian.. and as the songs ended, the silence became so thick, you could feel it. It was like you could cut it with a knife! Anyway, During the intermission was my favorite part, because my family is ... weird.

I especially love it when my Dad gets in on the wackiness and gets in the pictures with us. I told him I wouldn't post my favorite picture of him because it's not so flattering- But as for the other pictures, I made no such promise. :)



One of my favorites... get a load of that double chin. (Ami's big eyes are my favorite part of this picture)





And when I came home, this is how I found my little Calvin. 
AAWWWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment