Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blessings Flow

Teri (A neighborhood friend) was over at my house yesterday. We spent a good chunk of our day making headbands, watching The OC, and talking about baby things. Teri's pregnant and 18 weeks. We were talking about how excited she is, and I am so excited for her. She can feel her little girl kicking now! We got onto the subject of parenting.

A lot of people tend to look at me (whether they mean to or not) with this expression that says "Oh, you're tied down with a baby and a husband" or "Oh, you're settled". It makes me a little frustrated more times than not. Not because I'm frustrated that I can't go out to the club or whatever the hip youngsters are doing nowadays... but because they have NO idea what they're missing out on.

True Confession:
Finding out I was pregnant was one of my hardest days. I remember feeling a huge sinking sensation in my stomach and tears welling up in my eyes because I had no idea how David and I were going to survive and provide for a baby! Not only that, but I had plans (finishing school, going to Disneyland, etc). But as time went on, and the weight kept building and my belly kept growing- I felt myself being more drawn to the idea of having a family and raising a little boy. Finally- Calvin made his debut and I could not have been happier.

As Teri and I continued our talk on family and babies it was like, WOW. I feel so blessed. I described to Teri how amazing it felt to finally see Calvin. How fun it is to watch them learn and grow, and how much you grow in that process as well. I can honestly say I would not have my life any other way.

I know it's cheesy. I feel like I need to share this- I feel so happy sometimes. Like I'm as light as a mist and at any moment I could be blown away by a breeze. Light as air.

I can't wait for Teri (or anyone else for that matter) to feel that way too.
It's the greatest feeling in the world.



Better than prom.
Better than finding a dollar bill in your pants.
Better than finding your favorite color of nail polish.
Better than stepping on a crunchy leaf in the fall.

:)
My heart is so full.

No comments:

Post a Comment