Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

I wanted to go see the Anne Frank Exhibit in the Salt Lake City Library yesterday and invited my dear friend Jessica who was visiting from Florida! The exhibit was really cool- full of a bunch of fun facts. And I LOVE a good bit of history. I loved the library- I'd never been there before, but so much of it was glass, even the elevators were glass on 3 sides!



↓ A little piece of the exhibit on Anne Frank ↓


Though the exhibit was awesome and super educational- I think Calvin felt a little bored. He would not stop wiggling! I think he felt so restless from being in a car seat and then plopped right into the stroller to see an exhibit he really didn't care too much about. Here he is looking up at me from the stroller. It was as if he was asking me PLEASE, can we leave now?!?
And it looks incredibly uncomfortable the way he was sitting.


Anyway, after that, Jessica (who I lovingly refer to as "Fatty J") and I decided to visit one of my very favorite import stores in Salt Lake, Dancing Cranes. Turns out they're under new ownership. Which was only sad because most of the collection of Buddhas was gone (NOOO)! But there were still some things that I wished I had money to spend on. 
Such as: 
↓ One of my favorites, a statue of The Dancing Shiva ↓



↓ And this really cool hollow book thing! ↓
 

All in all, a very fun day shared with my Fatty J and my Fatty Calvin. :) 
He was so glad to get home and crawl around and destroy things- and as always, enjoy a few treats.





1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I love the salt lake library. they have so many fun things....I need to go there and stock up on sealing wax

    ReplyDelete