Friday, July 2, 2010

FINALLY.

I finally asked David how to get pictures on this laptop. There has been a lot that I've needed to blog about that I've been slacking on.

First and foremost, My Calvin! :)

(My tiny week old Calvin with his Aunt Andrea)


This little boy has been growing so quickly. It's like one minute I look at him and then I do a double take and he's on to his next "trick". Most recently, he's been practicing walking more. I think he's been figuring out that walking can get him where he wants to go a little faster. So these tiny steps have been getting bigger and more confident and faster. I am so in AWE of my little boy! He's getting so quick!
And he's now been climbing things!
I'll hear Calvin fussing in the next room. Not really crying, more like whining. And I'll find him up somewhere that he's climbed up on top of, but he can't quite figure out how to get back down!


He turns ONE in 11 days.

How is that even possible?
Wasn't it just last week that I brought him home from the hospital? He was just a tiny newborn baby. Small, fragile, kind of squished looking because he hadn't quite filled out yet. I cannot believe that he's almost a year old!
Before I know it, not only is my little Calvin growing up.. but he's a person who eventually will have their own opinions, morals, favorite bands, best friends, broken hearts. It just blows me away.
To think that I CREATED something so beautiful and complex. It's so unbelievable.
Not just that. But it almost makes me cry thinking about the person I was before I was a mother and the person I am now. I am so different in so many ways. And my little boy, who can barely say a word, who is barely learning to walk, can have such a tremendous effect on me.

I am so amazed.
My heart is so full.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love Calvin's chubby legs! It'll be interesting to see if he leans out when he starts walking. Olivia was so chubby until she started really walking and then her whole body got skinny and her legs became so muscular. Their whole body changes!

    ReplyDelete