Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CALVIN IS ONE YEAR OLD!!

It's finally come. The day I've been dreading for a whole 12 months..
Calvin's birthday.



Well, I shouldn't say I've been dreading it. I only say that because now he's going to look more like a toddler to me than a tiny little baby (Noooooo!). He is so stinkin' big! Anyway, we got to plan a fun little birthday party for Cal with all the cousins in Indiana! Don't worry, we did decide to get a pinata since he is partly Mexican. Calvin was a huge mess. It was so cute to watch him tear through his cake. He was seriously covered in blue frosting by the end of his party (well, him AND his balloon). His bath that took place post-party turned the bath water blue. *The water was much bluer than it looks in the picture.



This whole time while the party was going on, I felt like I was trying to savor every moment. His sweet smiles, his "singing", and how happy he was when we sang him "Happy Birthday". It was the cutest thing ever. I mean, every mom thinks their baby is the cutest.... but mine really is the cutest.
I've been told that as sweet as the pictures are and as much fun as it is looking at them, inevitably, years from now I'll take out the pictures to look at them and be so saddened by how little and innocent he was. I can only hope that he doesn't turn into one of those toddler terrors.
I can't say it enough. I just love this boy more than I could ever say in words. He is my heart.
Happy Birthday, my Calvin.
I love you.



3 comments:

  1. AWWW! I'm glad you let him dig into the cake. He's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As sad and poignant as that first birthday is, just know they seriously get better and better as they get older. You don't think he can get any more awesome than he is now, but then he WILL. And then he'll do it AGAIN.
    Once you start to hear his little voice saying real words, then sentences, it's seriously awesome. You'll get to hear the thoughts in his head and the adorable way he'll pronounce words- There is so much to look forward to!

    Geez, sorry for the enormous comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE these pictures haha
    i missed you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete