Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stewart Falls. :)


Until Monday, I hadn't been on a hike for SO long. I get in these moods where I CRAVE the mountains and nature and sunshine. Having a baby has made it much harder for me to go out and enjoy the mountains and going on hikes. 
On Sunday I was looking out at the mountains at this gorgeous sunset just before a thunderstorm and the light was hitting the mountains so beautifully. Right then I thought, I neeeed to get to those mountains. I have got to just do it and not keep thinking, I'll do it when I have time. 
So the next day, I got a hold of my very lovely friend, Erika and decided to hike to Stewart falls which we'd hiked to before I knew I was prego with Calvin (pictures from that hike, HERE). 
It was SO sunny and rather hot when we were going uphill. But the way back down from the falls was divine. Everything was so beautiful. 
Also joining us was Erika's friend, Tucker, who I'd never met before this trip. But was glad he joined us. Between the three of us, the conversation was hilarious ('that's what she said' jokes, celebrity crushes, bears and snakes, and beards). 

We drove up to Sundance and were originally going to take the ski lift to the trail head but after learning that it cost $10 a person, we bailed and decided to just walk up a different trail to find our way. I'm just going to say that I was a little bummed that I was lacking the funds to take the ski lift.. because I would have probably got some awesome pictures. Alas. 


↑ Erika on our stop by the gift shop to find Tucker some sunscreen. Gingers burn easily, you know.. (Not a problem for me, thanks to my Mexican heritage. Heh heh.) ↑ 


↑Me crossing this tiny bridge crossing this tiny stream. (You can't see it very well in the bright sun, but I AM wearing my Britney Spears Circus tour shirt. Yee!)↑
↓ Erika and Tucker crossing the bridge just before me↓



↑ Crossing this river was a little intimidating seeing as most of these logs were pretty wobbly ↑

And as you can see, we were all super happy to have reached our destination and enjoy the outdoors.




My shins are still in serious pain after that hike. Shows me how long it's been since I've been on a good hike. But it was so worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment