Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's that time of year.

David had the wonderful idea of going on a little lunch date and he introduced me to some reeeaalllly delicious fries at Smash Burger. No, seriously. These fries were pretty dang amazing. They're called Smash Fries. Although, as delicious as they were.. I ended up eating way too much.
After lunch, David and I thought it would be super fun to take Calvin to the park for a little fun. 
We just went to the park closest to us and I for one, vividly remember playing in the fountains and bringing bubbles to make the water all foamy when friends and I didn't feel like we wanted to be in class expanding our minds (This was in high school. So it's not like this happened ages ago).
And we thought to put Calvin's feet and hands in the water. 

Calvin LOVED it. 
(not surprising to us.. he's always really enjoyed the water.)

Soon after getting his chubby hands and feet all wet, we thought it might be fun for him to walk around in the fountain a little bit. The minute we got him in the water he started walking straight for the fountain.. and as soon as the water started hitting his face and splashing on him, he would turn right around and head the other direction. I wish we would have planned this a little better because we didn't think to have a little swimmers diaper with us! So we pulled Calvin out of the water and his diaper was extremely swollen from being in the fountain. Like he looked like he had some serious bulge down there.

Oh well.. we had a very fun afternoon yesterday. :) 



ALSO
Calvin has been pretty quick walking along the furniture and he's been taking steps from one thing to the other. From couch to couch, or table to couch, or from David's arms to mine. He's getting pretty good at it! Though the real difficulty is getting him to do it when I want him to. I was really lucky to get him to try it out for the video. 



1 comment:

  1. I am laughing about Calvin in the fountain at Nielson's Grove- I did the exact same thing with Olivia this week! I even have pictures, but I haven't posted them yet.
    I love that little man, he is so cute.

    ReplyDelete