Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've got a Coughing Calvin.

It usually starts with a runny nose, maybe a few sneezes. I can usually tell that he's feeling sick just by his body language. You know... that achey, stiff, sick feeling you get all over your body when you get sick. This has been going on for about a week now (going on a week and a half) and I thought it was getting better!
When just last night, Calvin's coughing woke me up. It was pretty intense.. Big chesty, tight cough attacks that seized his little body. I could hear him gagging and crying and struggling to breathe- I finally told myself, if it doesn't stop, I'm getting up and going to the store to get him something. 

Guess what I ended up doing.. 
It was nearly 2 in the morning and I got up and dressed and got him a humidifier and some Motrin (he was running low) and maybe some Vicks. Thankfully, that seemed to help him get some rest. The On-Call nurse at the Pediatrician's office told me that if it got any worse than that (wheezing, blue lips, etc) I should take him to the Emergency room. 

AAAH! 

I didn't have to do that (Thank you!!!) It may have been my sleepiness coupled with my worry/stress that made me cry when she told me to take him to the ER if anything got worse. Thank goodness I didn't have to resort to that! Anyway, he's still a little cranky, but doing better. I turned on the shower, put some pots of boiling water on the stove and of course, his humidifier on to hopefully get some humidity going in the house and help my little guy. 

Downside of all the steam: I have to wipe down all my walls from the collecting drops running down. 
Upside: My skin looks really good. Haha! 

We caught Calvin just chillin' in his crib with his feet up. (Sorry for the beeping and clicking you hear in the video... that's me trying to get a picture on my lil' digital camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment