Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference Saturday:

Had fun yesterday listening to General Conference. I never can say enough about how much I love Conference. Even when working during the Conference weekend, it was so slow and we'd have time to listen to the inspired words. We are currently in the process of redecorating our apartment right now. It's going to look like a jumbled up mess until I get things painted and polished. I can't wait to see the finished result. I finally have another bookshelf to put up above the TV (usually David likes a painting I did to hang there and I LOATHE it). Among other things.

David also shot another wedding last night at the Highland Gardens for Amy Watts and Raymond Hawke (uh, I guess they're both Hawkes now). My family's known Amy for a really long time and she is without a doubt a woman of many talents. Truly a gem. Anyway, she and Ray have been dating and engaged for a while and had the cutest, springiest reception ever! The colors were lime (like, TRUE lime.. not obnoxious-lunch-lady-shirt lime) and bright pink and purple. David got some really great pictures. It was held in a greenhouse in Alpine so everything was flooded with natural light and made for great pictures! I can't wait to post some.

OH and in other news, as Amy and Ray were leaving their reception- David hurried inside to get a sleeping Calvin and any camera equipment he still had inside.. I decided to follow him, probably a little faster than I should have. I started in a fast walk and almost running before my shoe (which has NO traction on it) slipped on the pavement and CRAAAASH! All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Angie together again.

I ended up scraping both my knees, my feet, bruising my hip, my elbow and my right palm... Nice going.


At least I can say that maybe only 3 people got a look at my tremendous fall other than David.. Of course, they got a good look at my underwear too as my skirt flew in all directions! Thankfully, David helped me back to the car and went and got Cal himself. *Sigh* I married a really good guy. He's pretty cute too.



Well, Conference again today! And I hope to have a much less painful day full of inspired words and the Holy Ghost!

1 comment: