Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I have no excuse...



I don't really have a good excuse for NOT blogging. I just plain haven't done it. 

I am amazed at my Calvin. 

I think it is one of the coolest things ever when I see Calvin trying to mimic my actions. One of my favorite things to do is play Baby Einstein for Calvin and watch his facial expressions. I can't get over how cool it is that he understands what happens with the characters he sees on Baby Einstein! 
We are also in the process of teaching him a few things in Sign Language. He can now say "please" and "eat" and "bath".

Other words we're working on: 
Thank you
More
Drink/Milk
Mom/Dad
etc. 

Calvin's newest favorite play thing: My straw hat. :) 


Calvin has recently been squealing. Not just the "I'm a crowd pleaser and I'm so cute" squeal. It's the "I need that, gimme that riiiight nooowwww" squeal. I don't have much tolerance for booger-y attitude like this. I don't think that he doesn't understand what he's doing... I actually think that he thinks I'll give in to his wants if he screams for it. So far, I've just been kind of ignoring these outbursts and after a bit of wiggling and whining, he stops.. But if he happens to act this way in a public place? 
Anyone have any useful tips? 


I promise I will not take forever until the next time I blog. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment