Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GRAND



My In-Laws invited us down to see their new St. George abode for the weekend! It was nice to get out of the house for a day or two and get my head back on straight (I'm sure many of my fellow mothers can relate). I've never actually done anything cool while I was down there. Truthfully, St. George has only ever been a resting place between where I live and the beautiful Las Vegas.
After a long drive and a much needed night's sleep, we woke up and decided to take a trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Neither David or I had ever seen the Grand Canyon except for pictures...

We walked to the edge of it and I literally had to catch my breath! I guess you always see pictures of the Grand Canyon online or on calendars and things like that. But no matter how good the picture is, there's no way that it could capture the immensity of the Grand Canyon. It is SOOO BIG! I just stared at it forever! And there were times on the little pathways where there was a cliff on the left and a cliff on the right! I was looking straight down into miles and miles of Grand Canyon!

I wonder what the first person who discovered it thought...
HOLY CRAP!

David standing out on the very edge. I thought I'd snap a "Last" picture of him in case a wind blew him away. 

The Lovely In-Laws enjoying the Canyon from a different angle.
I don't think Calvin thought that the Grand Canyon was quite as spectacular as I thought it was... but I think he still enjoyed himself. Especially watching his dad taking pictures of buffalo on the way up to the North Rim. 



1 comment:

  1. I love the Grand Canyon! It's so true- you really can't appreciate it unless you've actually seen it with your own eyes.
    I love that picture of you and David, you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete