Sunday, January 31, 2010

High Chair


On the weekends David and Cal and I go up to my parents house for a nice Sunday dinner with the family. I love this time at my parents house because there is always someone willing to hold/feed/change/bathe Calvin. It is wonderful. Being that he is my parents' first grandchild, and my siblings' first nephew, there is never any lack of attention. I know Cal likes it and so does yours truly. Today we came over for dinner as usual with the family and we find that my parents have bought a brand new little high chair for Cal. I was nervous that he would protest against being strapped down in a chair, but to my surprise, he didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, it seemed like he really liked being at the table with everyone! He was sitting up all by himself like a big kid. (I apologize for the poor picture quality. It was taken on a cell phone because I left my digital camera at home.) They also bought another bib for him. But this is a bib unlike any I've ever seen. It has sleeves... yes, SLEEVES. Over the last few weeks, we've noticed that Cal doesn't only dislike bibs, he does whatever he can possibly do to escape that tight velcro trap. I thought it was clever that they made a bib that has sleeves on it so he has a harder time ripping it off. Although it looks absolutely ridiculous, it works magically. He showed no signs of some mad struggle to remove the bib.  Hooray for Calvin! And three cheers for bibs with sleeves! Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah!! 

Well, in other news, the premiere of the 6th and LAST season of "Lost" is starting on Tuesday this week. We've been hopelessly hooked on this show since the first season. David didn't believe me when I told him at first. But one episode, and he was hooked. I'm not sure how they kept it going for so long. For those of you who are familiar with the show's storyline, you know what I'm talking about (and for those who aren't familiar with it, I'm not about to spoil it for you. Go watch it yourself! Heh Heh Heh). 



So, in honor of this, the last season of such a captivating show, David and I are hosting a LOST in LOST Party. That's right. And I am so excited to be putting this together. I have very little time, I admit that I kind of had this idea really last minute, but we told a few fellow fanatics and they seemed ecstatic! So here we go. I'll try to take tons of pictures of the happenings, and of course, tons of pictures of Cal for our family. 

P.S. I have to apologize again for those who've been waiting for videos of Cal "crawling". He is now mobile and I've had to find new places for things that he's now finding he can make a mess of. *Sigh* Until then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment