Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Going to try something new.

Calvin loves foooood! 
I've only been giving him the usual for right now. I have been slow in introducing new things into his menu (Allergies!) but I really want to try something new. He's a huge fan of yellow & orange veggies (carrots, squash, sweet potato, etc.) My mom has tons of it in her freezer and helps me out by boiling it all together with organic chicken, blending it all up with a little bit of the broth, and done.







 Other than that, Cal hasn't really branched out very much outside of oatmeal, bananas and the aforementioned veggies. 
Anyway, I figure it's probably safe now to venture into giving him different foods. Some people have given me a hard time for introducing him to such bland foods as rice cereal. Come on, now. 
I got online and searched around a little bit for different ideas of what to give a little baby. I want to stay away from store bought food seeing as it's all probably full of thickening agents, stripped of all its nutrients, and all preservatives. Thanks. But no thanks. And in some of the blogs I creep on, I found an article at Honest Fare specifically about making baby food!


SCORE! 





I found recipes for things like: 
1. Baked Cinnamon Apples with Prunes (and yogurt, optional)
2. Zucchini Potato
3. Peas with Mint
4. Baked Apple and Carrot


I love the idea! And she stored it in ice trays/muffin tins in the freezer so she could thaw them as she needed them. Such a good idea. Anyway, when we go shopping tonight, I definitely want to try making some of these things and seeing how Cal reacts to them. Wee!!! 







And here's the finished product. ↑↑↑

No comments:

Post a Comment