Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Work at The Flower Patch

First day at the Flower Patch yesterday and it feels like nothing has changed (except for that I'm working in West Jordan now, not Provo). Valentine's Day preparations are just like I left them. Thankfully for me, my old boss Celia called me for help at her store and I was more than glad to oblige. I have to say I was very happy to walk into that store and already feel like I wasn't really going to work, I was just hanging out with friends, doing what I love, which is to design flowers! Initially, I was terrified that I'd lost all my designing ability in the year that I haven't touched flowers. But I sat down, grabbed my flowers, grabbed my clippers and tied my apron and it was like with every flower I picked up, my ability started to flow back through my fingers. It was AWESOME.

Unfortunately, for the last part of my night, I spent the work day in the downstairs section of the store, making corsage orders for the 6 Valentine's Day dances that are also happening the week of Valentine's Day. In other words, for you who don't really know what it's like, It is absolute chaos. Dances by themselves are a monster. And coupled with the Valentines Day mess is a true nightmare to behold. I LOVE IT. The pace is dizzying, the work is tedious, the customers are a biatch, but there is nothing I love more than getting ready for bed at the end of a day of hard work and washing out the grime from underneath my fingernails and my clothes smell like flower stems. Ah, it's just so wonderful. I am so sad it's only going to last a week.


Sadly, today I may or may not be going in to work. Calvin has been slowly and steadily getting more sick. It all started after I came home and noticed his nose was running and his hands were extra clammy, and extra cold. After about a week, with his cough getting worse and worse, and the crying more frequent, I find myself with no other choice than to take him in to the doctor's office in hopes that they might tell me how to make him better. I feel so bad for Cal. I've been getting up at least twice a night with him this past week making sure he can breathe, and that he's alright. I can just hear him gasping for air between coughs. He can hardly catch his breath! On top of everything, I think he may have an ear infection. Augh! Poor thing. When it rains, it pores. I hope today ends well for me, and ends better for Calvin.


1 comment:

  1. ah choncho - so glad to be the photographer behind the lens. you make a good FP girl it's true.

    ReplyDelete