Monday, February 7, 2011

The Little Man

Calvin is officially all caught up on his shots.

Oh don't worry, the had to suffer through 7 SHOTS.
Needless to say, the next day was rough. I had 3 shots myself, although the worst of my suffering was just sore shoulders. Calvin woke up drenched in sweat, totally lethargic, appetite lost. Probably the most pitiful of these things was that Calvin's legs were so sore that his legs couldn't hold his weight! Every time he tried to stand up, his legs would shake uncontrollably and buckle because they were in so much pain. Not to mention the poor little guy just couldn't stop crying!
Around nap #2 of the day, after a warm bath in an effort to try to bring down the fever, I put Cal down in his crib and noticed he was shaking so violently from the chills that his whole crib shook! I hated watching my Calvin in such a horrible state! I literally couldn't do any more than I already had.

Thankfully, by the time Calvin had woken up from his nap, his fever broke! After that, a little food, and some small efforts to try to stand up on his own two feet despite the pain in his legs.

The next day, it was like he'd never been sick!
Walking around, eating, playing.
Still a bit of leg stiffness, but nothing compared to the previous day.

I am so glad to have this kid back to his usual self.




Apologies if the pictures are just slightly blurry. There was a lot of movement to try to capture with my wimpy little digital camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment