Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Best Surprise!

Sunday afternoon, after our stake conference, Cal and David and I went up to my parents' house for dinner as we always do. It was kind of a lazy Sunday, I headed over a little early since I really didn't have much to do after stake conference.
Enter the house, put Cal down on the floor (he takes off running, of course) and I see my whole family in the front room.

.... Strange..

And then out of nowhere, my Dad appears! He decided to drop in on us unexpectedly. We haven't seen him since December when he visited from Peru for Christmas. Actually, I was so confused! I talked to him just the day before on skype and he told me that he didn't know for sure when he was going to come visit. He said something like, "I may just come and surprise you all."
And of course, I was totally oblivious when he said that and didn't think anything of it.
And here he was! Fresh off the plane from Peru!
Turned out to be a much more interesting Sunday afternoon than I'd originally thought I'd have.



I am not sure what is happening in the above picture. 
I like to think that this is my little sister's best surprised face. Ha! 



Kisses with Calvin


This is yet another example of my Dad's very animated story telling skills.



And last but not least, we filmed my sister Andrea seeing my dad as he entered the room.
Her reaction was GOLDEN. 

3 comments:

  1. This made me tear up. (YES it's been an emotional day- don't judge). You're dad is tender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just LOVE Andrea! How cute to watch, and it was so fun that we got to see your dad while he was here. Your family is just the best!

    ReplyDelete